April 02, 2009

Something that just keeps nagging at me.

This hand all my as been in the back of my mind since the campaign trail, and after all my reading and after all my ranting it is still bugging me, and for a while I was not sure why, and I have been waiting for someone else to kind of put form to my thought, but I finally was able to just do it myself. Now I may be making a big deal about nothing and I may be (as I am sure many people believe) nuts, but it really really bothers me.

Obama said this in speech after speech. He framed it differently but he said it time and time again, this one line, almost exactly in every speech and it just never sat right with me...and I didn't know why. Now I do. This is what he said:

"For that is the true genius of America – that America can change. Our union can be perfected. And what we have already achieved gives us hope for what we can and must achieve tomorrow.

Did you get a funny feeling?

I am not the most religious person you will meet. I do believe though. It is hard for me to explain the depth or breadth of my belief system but I was raised in church. Sometimes one of my greatest strengths is also one of my biggest weaknesses, I have to understand how and why of everything. Kind of gets in the way of faith. but I digress.

Unless you are a Secular Humanist, you believe there is a creator. Scratch that, It is simpler than that: Man is not Perfect. The founders knew it then, and anyone who deals with people knows it now. We are an imperfect race. THEREFORE we cannot create perfect things. Nothing that we touch can be "perfected". Like I said I am probably reading too much into it but he said it over and over and over again. I think he believes he can make our system perfect. And that is patently absurd. No presidential speeches, no presidential quotes or addresses that I have ever heard have ever implied that we can have a Perfect country. There is a difference between saying "in order to create a MORE Perfect Union" and saying "we can perfect this country".

I think there is a reason that this bothers me and has kept bothering me more than anything else he has said and I think it is because it just illustrates clearly that he thinks "we" can "perfect our nation" and that when he says "we" he means "he" and that means he thinks deep down that he is Perfect. Because only someone who is perfect can create something perfect. This also tells me that he is a secular humanist, which means he is also very very likely to be a moral relativist. As evidenced by his historic stance on abortion. Which all goes back to "he was voted the most liberal senator in the senate".

Why does that scare me? Because if that is all true then there is nothing that guides him morally except what he wants basically this means he has no limits to what he will do to achieve his goals. And I think there is already beginning to be ample evidence to support this claim.

I have said all along, it is not the fact that he lies, you just do not know the meaning of the words as he means them. It is all Secular Progressive Morally Relativistic, Rules for Radicals inspired, hippie, far left loon, crazy, Communist Manifesto speak.

Anyway like I said, I know I am probably just crazy.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin