May 01, 2009

Get out the aluminum foil hat...why I think we are being made to fear the swine flu.

Look, I am not a doctor. I am also not fully and conpletely informed on every aspect about the swine flu.
I have heard that in the U.S. Due to our better general health and sanitation that this illness is having about the same mortality rate as the regular ol flu. From what I have read you are more likely to die in a car wreck than you are to die of this disease. We have entire school systems shut down in Ft. Worth because of this thing and there haven't even been any confirmed cases there. From what I can trll the only thing special about this outbreak is that it came later than the regular flu season. Here are some stats that I was told today. There are 300+ million folks in this country. Each year statistically 30 million will get the flu. Out of those 30 million .1% will die..30 thousand people. What have we had so far? 100 plus cases in the U.S.? If it is 100,000 cases and assuming it is twice (in the U.S. It appears to be less than that) as deadly as the regular flu then that is 200 fatalities.


It has been in the news 24/7 for three days...why?

Remember..."do not let a crisis go to waste"

Kathleen Sebelius's confirmation for Health and Human Services secretary was not looking too great, but bam! We are in a crisis and she sails through...coincidence? Happenstance? Unrelated events...I am not so sure.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin