October 13, 2009

Rampant Stupidity: The Political divide in this country is (not) Racial.

 I see stupid peopleSo I was googling some search terms trying to do a little post research.  This is part of my process, I try to key in on something I have heard or seen and then I start asking myself questions and walk around the idea kind of mull it over; kick the tires a bit, then I start googling and Wikipedia searching.  So I have a pretty good idea for a post and I am doing a little brainstorm googling and I stumble up on this steaming pile of dog poo.  At first I thought I had an “Aha!” moment, then I read deeper and all the alarm bells started going off.  I had stumbled on to thinly veiled racial propaganda cooked up by some kind of leftist  machine think tank that does not exist anymore. It is not a brand new study and I would not even care except for the fact that it has been used a LOT as a source for conservative and liberal cities in the US.  And it is a farce.   I will not bore you with the whole study.  You can read the whole thing if you want;all I want to share right now is a very short part:

“A new nationwide study released by the nonpartisan Bay Area Center for Voting Research (BACVR) ranks the political leanings of every American city and finds that Detroit, Michigan is the most liberal and Provo, Utah the most conservative…[snip]….The great political divide in America today is not red vs. blue, north vs. south, costal vs. interior or even rich vs. poor it is now clearly black vs. white, says Phil Reiff, a BACVR director.
The list of America’s most liberal cities reads like a who’s who of prominent African American communities. Gary, Washington D.C., Newark, Flint, Cleveland, Baltimore, Philadelphia, and Birmingham have long had prominent black populations. While most black voters have consistently supported Democrats since the 1960s, it is the white liberals that have slowly withered away over the decades, leaving African Americans as the sole standard bearers for the left”

Sam Kinison - oH ahhh OOOOOO

 

This makes me want to scream and pound my head on the desk.  How effing libtarded do you have to be to believe that 15% of the population put the Democrats in a super majority and elected the first black president?  IF EVERY VOTING AGE BLACK PERSON IN AMERICA had voted they could not have done it!

The Black population is only 15% of this country.  The Black population of Detroit is between 70% and 80%.  But the population of Michigan as a whole shows people of African Descent as only  eleven (11) Percent --11%.   Interestingly enough…hmm…look at this (from the census) :

If you cannot make it out I will help.  That  darker purplish color is African American Population distribution. To read the whole report go here: http://www.census.gov/prod/2001pubs/c2kbr01-5.pdf.

Now if that was the case then Obama and the Democrats should have cleaned up in Mississippi, Louisiana,  and the Carolina’s:

 2008 Presidential Election Results by County

Huh… looks like a whole lotta Red in the south.   Even more importantly in the Northeast where it is DARK BLUE and the West Coast where it is also blue there is a distinct lack of the purple African Descent color from the other map…hmmm.  Not one speck of Purple in the pacific northwest.  There is a better correlation between being Latino and Democratic voting habits.  And the Hispanic population is larger than the black population now anyway.  But my favorite part of that map showing the ethnicity breakdown by population is that huge area of the country that just identifies themselves as “American” (pale yellow).  Look at that part, and then look at the election map.  Red.  Now red means they voted for McCain and he is a Republican ,worse than that he is a RINO.  But that is the best way to determine if anyone has a hope of being conservative; there is no way a conservative votes Democrat in a national election.

This is the most RIDICUOUS and easily debunked thing I have seen in a long time.  This is all done by some liberal think tank in California to stir people up using the Race card. The organization was sold on ebay.  The website it dead. As far as I can tell it existed only to publish this data.

The real divide in the United States, I think, is URBAN vs RURAL.  I have been saying this for a while.  Even though, as I posted on before,  what is rural is hard to define. It does not have much of anything to do with education, it has little to do with wealth, it has  next to nothing to do with Race.  It is not all about sexual orientation or gender or blue collar vs white collar.   It is, as far as I can tell, about population density more than anything else. Compare the map below from the 2000 census with the map above.

File:USA-2000-population-density.gif

So what makes more sense, that Race is the key factor (look at the first and second maps comparatively) or that Population Density is closer to a factor (look at the second and third maps)?    I am not doing original research and I am not a sociologist and I don’t study a lot of demographics but this seems somewhat of a no-brainer to me.

  Now the real question that someone with more time than I have will have to answer is: “Do cities attract liberals or make them?”  See I love wide open spaces, I am into individual freedom, I like to pee off my front porch at night (too much sharing?… oh…sorry) I don’t like being right up next to someone.  Heck I don’t even like sitting at a table in a restaurant close to another party.   But I have known people who love cities and they confuse me.  Even just the short while I spent in DC, I re-affirmed my distaste for public transportation, hustle and bustle, and the general way of city life.  But some people love that.  I like being alone at times, I like the occasional solitude; some people can’t tolerate solitude but they do want to be anonymous.  So Star Trek Borg - You must be assimilated they like all these strangers.  They like the action.  Now, does that personality type gravitate toward Liberalism?  Does this need and desire to be part of a hive or herd lend itself to the groupthink necessary to be a liberal, or does the act of being in a herd for a long time to that to a person?  And I realize many of my freedom loving conservative brothers and sisters out there live in highly populated places, but they are ..uhhh… Rebels there aren’t they?

I do not know, but I wager it is the first part.  People who want more government go where there is already more government intrusion.  They want to be part of the herd.  I am not part of the herd, never have been, and do not want to be.  I am ruggedly individualistic in the great American tradition. You can keep your hive. I will take Freeeeedoommm.

The political divide in this country is NOT racial.  Race may play a little part in it, but if people of African Descent were able to sway the political process as much as what has been claimed above; then why in the hell is there not a starker contrast in the coloration between the two parties?  I can also tell you why there are lots of people of African Descent in those Cities that the “Study” claims are the most liberal.  But that is a post for another time.  Now I have to go find some actual research for my original post idea.  It is going to be good if I can put it together.

-KOOK

Blog Widget by LinkWithin