April 19, 2009

I finally made up my mind on third parties.

Wanted to give a shout out to Why Mommy is a Republican and to say that I have gone back and forth on this issue several times since the elections. But I have come to agreement with those who say we just have to take the republican party back. This is just as easy as trying to get (quality) third party candidates to run. There are some districts in Missouri where there is only one party who even runs, so how to get a third party to run is a real question.

I have not seen anyting out of Michael Steele that gives me great hope that he will get the RINOs (Republican In Name Only) out and steer the party back to conservativism.

That being said, we can guarantee ourselves a loss if we try to run third party candidates, no matter how bad I would like to. That has been tried and proven disastrous several times.

I think this is where Glenn Beck's idea for the 912-ers to become the largest special interest group is a valid one. Rush has even said he is thinking about hiring a Lobbyist for Conservatives. He has not mentioned it lately but if he really does I will donate some cash for that.

One thing is for sure... if we always do what we have always done, we will always get what we have always got.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin